Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

Would you ever go to one? Have you ever been to one?

I’ve been to a couple. Met 2 of my fav dj’s.

posted over 9 years ago
lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I’ve never been!! I wanna go sooo bad, but everytime I hear about one, it’s either too far, or some thing comes up!! But i’m dying to go to one!!

posted over 9 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

Wow, someone responded! The first one I went to was one of the biggest raves of the year, you’d think it’s overpower the second but it didn’t. As long as you find a certain kind of music you like (trip hop, happy hardcore, rhythm & bass, etc.) you can pretty much find it being played at any rave.

posted over 9 years ago

jenniferdawn
Style_council
jenniferdawn

I do but I tend to go to the smaller ones. Some of the larger ones are just too big that it gets to be not as much fun.

posted over 9 years ago

illustratekate
Style_council
illustratekate

there’s really amazing ones in san francisco, since the dj scene is so good. i like festivals better though because you have more time to make friends, and you’re usually in a forest or something. there was one in yosemite that had the most amazing lineup… of course bassnectar owned the night, though. i wanted to check out raves in brighton when i was there but my friend had just broken his arm, so no crazy dancing for him :( or me :(.
what’s your style when you go dancing?

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i’ve never been to any official raves, but i have some fun with local ones…especially silent raves. Love those things.

posted over 9 years ago

killbella
Style_council
killbella

used to but not any more i got over them the scene is all 12 year old girls dresses like sluts now

posted over 9 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

That’s why I’ll only go to 18 plus ones now.

posted over 9 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

So this might sound kinda dumb, but I thought they were lk illegal! Or at least the one’s I’ve heard about…lk they get raided or whatever! That’s why I’ve been kinda scared to go to one!!

posted over 9 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

Some raves are. Others are put on by actual rave companies and a lot of the time a proceeds go to charity. Usually the bigger more “advertised” ones are legal.

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

don’t they have like…crazy raves where they drug you up on ecstasy and get you drunk and everyone has crazy sex and dancing? Or is that just an orgy…

posted over 9 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

^ i’VE HEARD ABOUT THAT! I guess those are the illegal ones!! LK when I was younger, lk 16 or 17, my firends and I met these guys, and they had invited us to one, but lk I said, I thought they were illegal and I’ve heard about all the ecstasy and sex and stuff, so I passed, just cuz I idn’t really know those boys!!
I still wanna go to one though, just scared cuz I don’t want someone to drug me up or something!!

posted over 9 years ago

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

ive been a raver for over 2 years, i live in Phoenix which is one of the few cities in America that has at least 2 raves a week. I usually rave every other week. I love it because people dress how they want to and everyone is accepted.

posted over 9 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

Chicchica, No rave in America forces you to do anything.

And Asian Goddess, that’s exactly why I liked them in the first place. If I knew I would have gotten so many negative responses to this I would have never posted. Why are so many people told the wrong things to believe about something they’ve never done?

posted over 9 years ago

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

youd be surprised to know how much judgement i get for being a raver. People will always have ignorant things to say about experiences they’ve never had

posted over 9 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

The first one I went to, the security was SO nice. That alone was something i’d never experienced.

posted over 9 years ago

harloww
Style_council
harloww

I went to a huge one on Halloween, called Freaknight. It was super fun. There’s lots of crazies though.

posted over 9 years ago

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

i went to a halloween one too caled Trick or Beats, and it was alot of fun but definetly people on stuff they shouldnt mess with

posted over 9 years ago

WonderAve
Style_council
WonderAve

I was going to go to MN’s halloween one (Tripolar) but my night got messed up and apparently since they changed the venue it sucked

posted over 9 years ago

LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

I have wanted to go to one for yearsssss. But I havent been able to. I wish I had a group of friends to go with or something, but alas no. So I guess im stuck till college :/
But I would love to go!

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password