Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
denisekuan
Style_council
denisekuan

hey! I wonder if anybody else in the fashion community watches anime (Japanese animation) or reads manga (Japanese graphic novels) as avidly as I do?

I actually found there are many parallels in anime and haute couture…. http://the-ocd.blogspot.com

Check it out and let me know what you think?

posted over 9 years ago
Speedbump
Style_icon
Speedbump

Yes! I love manga! I don’t watch anime quite as much since it takes so much longer for things to happen (and the cliffhangers… ohhhh, the cliffhangers.) But my boyfriend has gotten me into Fullmetal Alchemist 2 recently. Sooo… I guess I do follow that one.

My favorite mangaka is CLAMP and I’ll probably read anything of theirs since they always have imaginative plotlines and my absolute favorite illustrations. I haven’t read anything of theirs too recently though, since I don’t really like Tsubasa too much, but I guess xxxHolic is still pretty great. Thanks for reminding me to revisit that. :)

posted over 9 years ago

Champagne
Style_council
Champagne

I am a gigantor anime fan(get the pun I just did, gigantor is an old 60s anime show, wow such a geek) I have two accounts on different anime sites gaiaonline and crunchyroll. Been a fan of it since the good of days when they actually hand drew there stuff. If you want anime mix with fashion go check out Paradise Kiss. Its about a bunch of young adults trying to make into the fashion business. I wanted to get myself, but its going to be hard to find it since the company that had it here in the US went under. wow that a mouth full of text.

posted over 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

i love anime and manga! :) but haven’t had time to watch much in the last year or so.
but i keep up to date with naruto and bleach manga :P i love all of miyazaki’s movies!

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I’m pretty huge on anime, though I too have fallen out a little bit. I’m more for manga and pretty stuff though lol. I’ll totally check that out though, it sounds really cool :)

posted over 9 years ago

Champagne
Style_council
Champagne

I’ve wanted for a while to actual cosplay, but I never have the time to do it. And I really don’t want to make my own costume so I would check some cosplay sites.

posted over 9 years ago

Dorcasm
Style_council
Dorcasm

i LOVED paradise kiss, you can watch it on youtube i believe – perfect mix of fashion and anime.

posted over 9 years ago

katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

I love anime and manga! :D Is anybody else a fan of I.N.V.U? It’s torture waiting for the new volumes to come out!

I think I’ll be checking out Paradise Kiss pretty soon :) Sounds cool.

posted over 9 years ago

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

love anime and manga!!
i love going to conventions like comic-con here in san diego cuz they always have the cutest clothes to sell besides cosplay outfits. [[well, some of them you can mix into reg day clothes or whatever but still]]
but yea, i love japanese fashion as well. their street style looks so effortless!! :jealous:

posted over 9 years ago

mikumiku
Style_council
mikumiku

Recently got back into it, watching Durarara! at the moment….actually waiting for the rest of the translated episodes to be put up… Manga wise, tend to read random books I can get my hands on. But loving David mack comics and illustration…just amazing.

posted over 9 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I love anime and manga. I’m such a ho over shoujo XD

Magical girls with slight ecchi themes = <3

posted over 9 years ago

zombelle
Style_council
zombelle

I’ve fallen out of reading manga and watching anime as much as I used to, but I still do. My list of anime and manga is here: myanimelist.net/profile/zombelle

posted over 9 years ago

SoleilRadieux
Style_council
SoleilRadieux

I’ve been a huge anime geek since I was 13, although my fiance is even geekier. :)
I like everything from Death Note to FLCL to Now and Then, Here and There.

I suppose anime and fashion have some similarities, some of the characters’ costume designs look great, whether it be high fashion or something wearable. :)

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password