Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
livebreatheFASHi0N
Style_council
livebreatheF...

is anyone here an aspiring model? i’m just curious..there’s so many talented, gorgeous, men and women on this site. i’ve thought about becomeing a model but at 5’2 and 125ish pounds i dont think thats going to happen :)
reply please loves

posted over 9 years ago
1 2
teenageloveaffair
Style_council
teenagelovea...

I’m only five feet tall, but sometimes I model for my friends’ design class shoots. Then again, it might be a bit unfair because we Asians are more forgiving when it comes to height. :))

posted about 9 years ago

MakeupxSparkles
New_user MakeupxSparkles is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MakeupxSparkles reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MakeupxSparkles

i never model but i’d love it

posted about 9 years ago

LaurenKraus
Style_council
LaurenKraus

http://www.saintlouisfashionweek.com/projectdesign
Emerging designers, submit your collection by Thursday July 29th at MIDNIGHT!
Model casting call August 5th and 12th 5-8 at Third Degree Glass Factory 5200 Delmar Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63108!
Project:Design! fashion show September 7,2010 at Third Degree Glass Factory 6…pm-10pm. Get your tickets online for $10!

posted about 9 years ago

contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

I model for my friends who are photographers, and have been asked to model for American Apparel, but I’m too short for high fashion ;_;
(and I weigh too much lol)

posted about 9 years ago

chyrelg
Style_council
chyrelg

I wish but I’m not! I love the VS angels though.

posted over 8 years ago

Mutterfly
New_user Mutterfly is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Mutterfly reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Mutterfly

I’m tooooo short to be one…i can’t understand why they MUST have TALL MODELS…we’re all human, that come in shape and sizes…

posted over 8 years ago

IamnotJessica
Style_council
IamnotJessica

I think it you look at models today they don’t all conform to the same 5ft 9, size zero immaculate face ideal that people hold. I don’t think it’s a matter of perfection, it’s more a matter of how unique you look.

I would say be carful though. I’ve heard alot about girls paying ridiculous amounts of money for a portfolio and fees to join an agency and not actually getting work. It’s always best to learn from those that do the job.

My boyfriend is a photographer, mainly portraits and weddings though. He has used models before, he uses a site called purestorm.com to source them, maybe you could set up an account there? Most models do the work for free so that they can get free pictures in return to add to their portfolios.

Good luck =].

posted over 8 years ago

Daladoir
Style_council
Daladoir

Keep in mind that there are various branches of modelling and not all of these branches have the same requirements.

A model mainly has to be photogenic and able to express certain feelings and ideas through her poses.

posted over 8 years ago

thejetblonde
Style_council
thejetblonde

I’ve been modeling since I was 7 and I’ve been doing plus modeling since I was 15. I just signed again with a new agency too… I’m 5’8.5" and a 12/14 so I can definitely back it up that you don’t have to be a size 0 to be a model!

Georgia_March is right. There are different branches of modeling and there are a lot of commercial and lifestyle agencies that sign much shorter, petite models; so there IS hope if you don’t hit the 5’8" mark! As well, if you find yourself at an “in-between” size (like 8/10) there are quite a few agencies who will still sign you for commercial and lifestyle work :} If you’re under 5’9" though, runway is out of the question. Print work (magazines, catalogs, etc.), however, is most DEFINITELY within your reach! :D

Overall, being a model is more about how marketable you are, rather than how different or unique you look – thats why a lot of models, particularly runway models, look alike. When one agency realizes how marketable a model at another agency is, they scout and scout to find similiar faces in order to find “the next” so-so. No matter what you look like though, you need to be really comfortable in front of the camera, as well as be able to emote and pose well.

As for what IamnotJessica was saying… You should never, EVER, under ANY circumstance, pay an agency a fee unless it is for your portfolio – a portfolio will ALWAYS cost you, the only exception is if the agency has a test photographer who tests for free, which very few agencies do – or to be displayed on the official agency website, but again, not all agencies charge that. Those two fees ARE normal though. What IamnotJessica was referring to, are not real agencies. They’re not agencies at all; they are “Schools” and a HUGE scam. John Robert Powers is one of the biggest.

“Schools” make you pay for their ‘modeling’ classes (you don’t need classes to be a model) and THEN they claim they will send you out to get work. That is NOT how a real modeling agency operates. So beware of “Schools” like that. You can actually look up agencies’ Business Licenses online too, so if ever in doubt, check that first. A real agency will have a real Business License to back it up :)

posted over 8 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I never wanted to be a model nor do I have the capability. I know someone going to “modeling school”, its sad how people scam all these girls who dream of becoming models.

posted over 8 years ago

itzellovato
Style_council
itzellovato

I’ve always wanted to be one, but i’m TOO short and curvy. :(

posted over 8 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password