Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
babygurlpoint5
Style_council
babygurlpoint5

just curious…the trend came back and hit us pretty hard. who thinks its going to be in for fall and who thinks its going to be out?

State your position and your reason. I’m curious :)

posted over 9 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

eww i hate flannel. it makes people look like lumberjacks.

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I don’t think it’ll be back in again this year, I’ve seen barely any flannel clothing in the various runway shows, store lookbooks and press day photos so unless some very stylish person manages to rework their old flannel in a really cool way to respark the trend then it doesn’t seem likely to be coming back in again for a while.

posted over 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Hmm.. i’m not really fan of flannel. On some people it looks good paired with the right stuff, but here in Australia it’s got a bit of a reputation for being really trashy/ bogan, or associated with tradies in a derogatory way :S

posted over 9 years ago

WiesOudshoorn
Style_council
WiesOudshoorn

too cowboy-ish for me. never know how to wear it right..

posted over 9 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I don’t think it’s going to be a big trend the way it was last year, I think it’s on the downswing. But I expect a lot of people will still be wearing it since their flannel pieces still fit and aren’t worn out yet.

I only have one flannel shirt but I’m sure it will make an appearance at some point. Something about flannel seems sort of cozy and fall-ish to me, even if it’s not on-trend.

posted over 9 years ago

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

i loooove flannel. perhaps not for the summer, but it just seems right for the fall and winter. i like to wear my boyfriend’s blue flannel shirt (sleeves rolled, belted at the waist) with black leggings and some beat-up boots :o)

posted over 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I think it’ll be on it’s way out this season. Which is cool, because after two+ years of everyone wearing flannel and leggings, it gets old.

posted over 9 years ago

Izacouto
Style_council
Izacouto

I think flannels are always in. You just have to find the right way to wear them :)

posted over 9 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

probably out, or just not as big

posted over 9 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I think they’re in, but then again, everything I like, i think is in haha. I love my plaid, flannel shirts, no matter how oversized XD

posted over 9 years ago

Brinomonster22
Style_council
Brinomonster22

I think people will still wear it. It’s been around for a few years now and since plaid is still going to be in, I bet flannel will too

posted over 9 years ago

kennm001
Style_council
kennm001

people wear comfy things, no matter how ugly.

Example: UGGS.

and uggs are still going strong in some places. =[

posted over 9 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I think it works if you wear it the right way :)

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password