SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
whitedayburnday
Style_council
whitedayburnday

Is it wise to buy these online or should I find them in real ? Where would you suggest looking for them?

posted about 11 years ago
New_user 6390 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 6390 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

i found a pair of docs in beacons closet for 25$!
if not try online, the sizing is accurate

jubisaurus
Style_council
jubisaurus

I tried them at a store first and then I bought it online because they didn’t have the style I wanted.
You can look at thrift stores/ Macys/ Nordstrom/ or maybe there’s a Doc Martens store in your area. I went to my local Nordstrom.
If you can’t find them anywhere, then order them online! :) I got mine from Zappos because it’s free shipping! __
Good luck!

niftypenguins
Style_council
niftypenguins

Journeys has some I think so you can try those on and order whatever color you like online

rebecca_
Style_council
rebecca_

i’d say look at stores around you first, and see if you can find the style you want, for a god price. then look online, if you don’t.

posted almost 11 years ago

twentyeight
Style_council
twentyeight

i think it’s important that you go to the store, try it, and see that it looks good on your legs as well. my calves are on the chunky side and nope, docs don’t look good on them ):

rainingpaperlilies
Style_council
rainingpaper...

GoJane has som 25 dollar knockoffs here.... I haven’t tried them myself but if you don’t have the money at the moment to blow one hundred on Docs, I’d say knockoffs are the way to go :)

stormy
Style_council
stormy

go to a store and try them on.
try a vintage pair, they’re pre rugged and awesome :)

sally091
Style_council
sally091

the website has basically every style.. so thats a positive..
the negative is that the international shipping costs half another shoe!

shuawp
Style_council
shuawp

I have 3 pairs inherited from my older sister…
but if I had to buy them, I’l go and try them on in a store just to make sure that they really fit you well.

elzabth
Style_council
elzabth

I bought some on ebay- much cheaper. but I do wish I could have tried them on.. I went through this panic session where I started measuring my foot to make sure it’d fit-
It kind of sucks because the smaller sizes don’t come in half-sizes and I’m a 5.5 exactly. But oh well

jehovahsfitness
Style_council
jehovahsfitness

I’d recommend trying them on first (but maybe that’s just me… I’ve had some bad experiences buying shoes online in the past). Try discount stores like Winners or TJ Maxx or whatever, I’ve seen really, really cheap pairs there before.

Mango_Tree
Style_council
Mango_Tree

why not just try them on the in the store first if you really want to buy online? i’ve seen some awesome designs and colours online but never instore

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password