SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lovelylethargy
Style_council
lovelylethargy

In the past I’ve read about people who plan their wardrobe season by season, picking what pieces they need to buy, what they should spend the most money on and such. I believe it’s particularly popular among the French, but don’t hold me to that. I was just wondering how many of you put a lot of thought into what you buy. Do you have a sort of mental checklist when you see that season’s shows? Do you just buy whatever you like? Do you think it takes the fun out of things to plan what you’ll be buying? Is is better to leave so leeway and just get a general feel for what you like? Am I completely crazy for thinking these questions are relevant? Just wanted to get some discussion going. (:

posted over 8 years ago
1 2
haybee
New_user haybee is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When haybee reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
haybee

I mentally plan it week by week. It saves me a lot of time, which is great because I have to wake up really early for school. For the long term, I just keep in mind a few basic things I need for the season. Then I purchase what I can, and buy all my basic items like cardigans, jeans, and tanks.

posted about 8 years ago

fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

I always try to buy things I have nothing like already ;]

posted about 8 years ago

Humming
Style_council
Humming

A few years ago I discovered I had a lot of fun and colourful pieces, but nothing plain to work with it. It was like I was wearing a Christmas tree – just too many colours at once.
The I started buying all the basics I didn’t have. Jeans! A black shirt. A black skirt. Stuff like that.
Otherwise I usually only by when I see something that my heart loves.
Lately, after joining Chictopia I’ve been inspired by the big bat wing cardigans I’ve seen, and the kimono dresses. Perhaps I’ll keep my eye out for something like that.

posted about 8 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password