SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Hello. :) This thread is for everyone to vent and share awful things that have happened to them during shopping, or awful shopping-related things (eg. extreme buyers’ remorse). I felt motivated to start this thread because…

Today I went to the Seduce warehouse sale (well-known and pretty Australian brand). Upon walking in, I was really happy to see the dresses that I had really loved in-store were on sale, from $250 to $100!! Yay. I picked up a Size 10 and tried it. It was slightly too big for me, but otherwise it looked good, so I figured, OK, I’m running late for something, so once I’m back out of the fitting rooms I’ll just pick up a Size 8 and buy that. (The fitting rooms were really smelly, cramped and full of people).

Arrgghhh. How wrong I was.

I bought a Size 8 and walked back to the train station, and as I was checking my purchase with glee, I realised there was a gigantic rip right down one side. Well. It was nearly closing time and I think this was the last day of the warehouse sale, so I ran back. I managed to exchange it for the last Size 8 hanging on the rack. When I got it home (just an hour ago), i tried it on and I realised – it’s EVEN HUGER IN THE BUST THAN THE SIZE 10!! It was so big it fell off my body.

Why is this?? They must’ve sewed on the wrong label or something!

Moral of the story is: Always try things on. Also listen to that little voice of caution in your head that’s warning you to try things on.

I’m taking it to get it tailored tomorrow. :’(

posted over 10 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

My biggest disaster was one time when I was shopping in Zara. There’s not a Zara in my town so I’d took a half hour train ride to the next town, seen this nice top (though it’s a mini dress on me), it was the last one and was my size so I grabbed it and bought it. As soon as I got home I looked at it and there was a big ink stain under the bust. I couldn’t even afford the train fare to go back another day so I just have to wear it with a wide waist belt under my boobs. I can’t wear it any other way or else the stain is blatantly visible.

posted over 10 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Haha, last week I bought a tank top, and a minute after I left the store I decided I already had something like it, I was low on money and didn’t feel like having it. I returned it within three minutes of buying it.

posted over 10 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I used to be guilty of going into Primark and impulse buying the kinds of clothes i never actually wear purely because i liked the colour or something stupid like that… then going home and realising i looked awful.

posted over 10 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Lol yes. Or going into sales and buying things cos they’re cheap. Then you get home and realise that they’re actually rather ugly and you’ll never wear them.

(PS. If anyone cares, there was a happy ending to the dress story – my boyfriend called them, found out the sale was still on today and convinced me to go back. The lady working was so nice – she found one that actually fit me in the storeroom someplace, and exchanged it. Yay.)

posted over 10 years ago

hoshimori
Style_council
hoshimori

I bought a dress on sale at Zara, without trying it on. I never try things on because I know my size.

But this dress, is gorgeous, but waaaaaaaaaaaaay to big for me. Sadly, it lays in my closet. Until I find a way to wear it or to modify it.

posted over 10 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

I remember a few years ago, my mom went into Express because she’s really short and they have Short, Regular and Tall sizes. She found the perfect pair of dress pants and bought it. When we got home she realized there was a blood stain in the crotch region and manically returned to Express to return it.

posted over 10 years ago

New_user 37007 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When 37007 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!

yikes

posted over 10 years ago

tati121
Style_council
tati121

I wouldn’t say this was quite a disaster but certainly a disappointment. I went shopping with some guy friends of mine (all gay) and after going to all the stores they wanted to go to I dragged them to the Gap. I found this beautiful sheer white 3/4 sleeve top that had ruffles from the top to 3/4 down. I love the Gap and I usually never try things on because their stuff fits me well more often than not so I just bought it and went on my merry way. A few days later I decided I wanted to wear my new top but when I was putting it on it seems as though I grabbed the wrong size and I tried to exchange it but they didn’t have any more tops :[

posted over 10 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

One that I forgot before is that one time I bought some new knickers to take on holiday. I’d bought them like the day before I was going and got home and started packing my suitcase and then realised that I had grabbed size 18s in everything instead of size 10 because I was hurrying and not looking at the sizes properly. Luckily I was able to shrink them down to my size in time to still be able to pack them.

posted over 10 years ago

arainymelody
Style_council
arainymelody

My guy friend was waiting for a pair of Nike dunks and instead, he gets size 14 heels. He was pretty upset about it for a few days, but I still laughed at him. I couldn’t help it at the time.

posted over 10 years ago

Alexan_Dra67
Style_council
Alexan_Dra67

I went shopping with my mom. She decided to pick out clothes for me to try on. It wasn’t my style but I didn’t want her to feel bad. I told her I would try her choices on. We walked over to the fitting room but the line was ridiculously long so she just told me to buy it. When we got home I tried all of it on but tried to made it look like it didn’t fit right so we could return it. But she liked it so now I have a bag of clothes I’m never going to wear.

posted about 10 years ago

anonymours
Style_council
anonymours

That is why I ALWAYS try things on. If I don’t feel like trying anything on, I don’t buy :P

posted about 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password