SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
raqattack
Style_council
raqattack

Im from New Zealand and in febuary im going to LA for a week and was wanting some tips on the best places to shop…the best ares for thrifting and the best shops for shoes and just pretty much anywhere that is relatively easy to get to where i can go and waste all my money:)
thanks!

posted almost 11 years ago
santokivintage
Style_council
santokivintage

Check out Wasteland on Melrose and TagRag, too. They’re both really big spaces and new stuff comes and goes pretty quickly. If you don’t mind digging, TagRag has a 1.00 sale every Sunday, I think starting around 9ish. They pile a parking lot full of clothing. You have to dig for the stuff but you almost always find some gems. Have fun!

agooddictator
Style_council
agooddictator

Do you mean “JetRag,” Santokivintage?

raqattack
Style_council
raqattack

Thanks!
Jetrag sounds fun….im pretty sure im there for two sundays (hopefully!)
Does anyone else know more places?

InstantVintage
Style_council
InstantVintage

If you like vintage, you should go to the Los Feliz area. They have tons of shops and a great Goodwill to thrift in. =)
There’s also a few thrift stores on Fairfax just north of 3rd avenue.

LaBellaVita
Style_council
LaBellaVita

Retail Slut…Rude and Nasty Clothes for Chicks and Dicks.
It’s on Melrose, which is pretty much filled with little stores that you’re lookin for. Have fun in LA, it’s a great place.

thislilpiggyflew
Style_council
thislilpiggy...

I usually go thrifting near my area (Pasadena). There’s this really good Salvation army “antique” store where they take out all the good clothes and furniture and sell it there. I always find designer jeans there. Also, there is this small consignment shop called Style on Green that sells Chanel suits.

closetbug
Style_council
closetbug

I definitely agree with JetRag. They have unique vintage finds that are worth the money they price them for!

I really like Wasteland too, but I feel that the prices can be a bit questionable. It’s like a Buffalo Exchange, but pickier. (Which is good, but the prices go up along with it.)

Aardvarks, also on Melrose, is pretty fun. I haven’t been there in a while though, so I’m not sure how the store is faring.

hhaak
Style_council
hhaak

uhmm i would just wander down the thriftier section of Melrose ave. (away from beverly hills) -theres tons of good stores!!
and the buffalo on la brea i think is really selective but has really good stuff.

hh

elora
Style_council
elora

im a big fan of the wasteland in santa monica. i always felt the melrose location had too many racks to search through and i always ended up with nothing.

posted over 10 years ago

tiffyd
Style_council
tiffyd

JETRAG has $1 sundays where everything in a bin is a buck. You must go there early though, I heard the crowds are dangerous :)

posted over 10 years ago

aryanoush
Style_council
aryanoush

Shareen vintage is nice little consignment shop open on saturdays and sundays in downtown los angeles. Lots of eclectic pieces for those who aren’t afraid to express themselves.

posted over 10 years ago

Liat
Style_council
Liat

The crowds at Jetrags $1 sale is insane :) people sit on the clothes and once they open all the pakcs up its every man to themselves. I was scared the first time I went,I did get a ferw cute dresses but I am still shaking from the experience ,lol.

posted over 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password